When you go to a blog you love, sometimes you’ll see a grab my button image and code. While you can have images along your sidebar that people can easily download, you are assuming that everyone knows how to upload and link up your image. That is where a GRAB my BUTTON code is extremely helpful.
First, it pastes the image. Second, it adds a text box with code. All the blogger has to do is grab the code and put it in a text widget on their own blog. It will paste the image with the LINK built in, which is what you want!
So here’s how to do it. These directions work for WordPress.ORG and Blogger.
1. Go to a site like PicMonkey and create a 125 x 125 button or badge that represents your blog.
2. When you’re done, save it to your media library, or some free photo sharing site like Photobucket or Flickr. Facebook should work too. Once it’s uploaded, grab the file URL of the image.
3. Go to a site like this and have it create the code for you. Copy it.
4. Go to Appearances and Widgets (or layout in blogger) and get a text widget.
5. Drag it onto your sidebar.
6. Paste the code into the widget.
7. Save it!